Monday, July 14, 2008

So much more...

One of the many things that I glean in my years at bible college, which was not to long ago, was that of context and its importance in reading the bible. I personally believe the ultimate context of scripture is that of glorifying God. As you can now see I believe in a Doxiologically centered purpose of God. So when I study God's Word that is what comes to my mind foremost. I also am a Dispensationalist and I find it very important to know, when I am reading, Who God is speaking to and When is He speaking. When I read Paul's writings I realize that God is speaking to the Church, the age in which He is focused on the Bride of Christ and its sanctification. So taking the scenic route to the point I was getting at, I believe that it is very possible that Paul was speaking of "us" the Church as being chosen in Him before the foundations of the world in Eph. 1:3 and following that idea to verse 5. It is so strange to me that the Church, not all of, but a large portion are enamored with having the blessings that were given to Israel, when we have so much more to look forward to with the "spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ". Why would we want to take the place of Israel and gain her earthly blessings when we can be the Bride of Christ, and rule with Christ?

No comments: