Monday, July 14, 2008

Exhibiting the Fruits of the Spirit

Why is it so hard for us to exhibit the fruits of the Spirit. I know that we are works in progress, but it seems, as well, that we can live in a way that it glorifying to God. I don't believe that the fruits are set out there for us to dream about or to wish that we could be like that, but they are a mark to pattern ourselves after. We have the Holy Spirit in us, yet we lack the understanding of what that means I am afraid. I have seen through different times in my life that the more you search after wisdom, for wisdom's sake, the more you are removed from those fruits. I love theology and studying doctrine, but those are to work hand in hand. When we become wise in those two things it seems that our love for people, brethren and the lost, starts to shrink away.

No comments: