Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wisdom is the principle thing

Proverbs 2:1-5
" My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God." The following two verses go on to say (paraphrased) that God will give it to the righteous He has it stored up for them! Well I have been trying to read proverbs in my devotions in the morning, I have been going through a lull in my personal time with God and He has been recently speaking to me from proverbs. How many times do we see the words Wisdom, Understanding, and Knowledge together, they are synonyms yet have their own meaning about them. I have always understood them to mean Wisdom = facts with common sense, Knowledge= facts, and Understanding = using the previous two together. There is probably a more suitable definition to them, but that is how my mind grasps them.
How often do we does as Solomon and James said to do, to seek after them and God will supply it, it is like He is just waiting for you to ask so that He can open up the floodgate and drowned you in them. You see God is wisdom, He is knowledge and understanding so when we ask Him for them we are asking to be like Him. He gives these with a heart to follow after Him as well. To just have knowledge, well that is useless, we need Wisdom and Understanding to follow right behind because that is where our hearts interact with the facts. How often do you pray for wisdom to minister to the people God sets before you? Or do you just try to minister with just knowledge and experience? God will give you wisdom if you just ask and He will give you the heart to present the facts.

No comments: