Thursday, September 3, 2009

Where to begin

I have been in Utah for 7 months, and I have not had a great deal of interaction (religiously) with the LDS people. A few things that I have come to realize about them is that they do not call themselves Mormons, but LDS, I do not know if there is any reason behind this or if it is just a preference? I have worked at a few different places while I have been here and all of them had some LDS people and/or influence. I worked for one company that had a special day so that they could christen the building. Today I cleaned carpets at a mans house who was a devout LDS, and like all of my other experiences he held strongly to the good works that he had accomplished, while on the other hand he explained how difficult it is for someone to come to Christ when they are in dyer physical need.
I know that all of Satan's lies work well when a little bit of truth is there to tangle up the person who is faced with them. I sat there today and listened to the man explain his lament over souls that need Christ, while he praised his good works and I wondered where do you works stand, before your need for Christ or after your need is met? I know that LDS theology is apostate and all that the LDS church believes is damnable apostasy, but like most people that practice a religion, they are not familiar with all their religion believes. I struggled today thinking where do you begin to witness to these people, when you share the loving sacrifice of Christ with them, they know they even know what the bible says about it and they say they believe, but what do you say?
That is why I can only trust in the unsearchable wisdom of God and trust in his grace towards man and how He causes the increase, and I just share Jesus Christ and preach only Him crucified.

No comments: