Monday, February 9, 2009

Christ's virgin bride, Satan's great whore

As I was studying for a sermon I am going to do on our enemy, Satan I came across something interesting. Christ is building His Church, His bride. In II Cor.11:2 she is called a "chasted virgin". In contrast in Revelation 17:1 we find Satan's counterfeit to Christ bride the "great whore". Ephesians 5:26 says " That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." speaking of the Church. The water refers to the Word of God. Having said that lets go back to Rev. 17:1 where we find the "great whore" and it says "...the great whore that sitteth upon many waters." God calls Satan's counterfeit a whore which would contrast to His Son's bride the "chasted virgin" when we look at this counterfeit religion of Satan's we see that it sits on many waters, where I draw the conclusion that the waters refer to many religious scriptures, a great ecuminecal work.
Just some thoughts that I had concerning those passages. I hope this could be of some help.

Resting in Christ
Justin

No comments: