Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rapture & End Times Discussion Forum

Through generations past, now doubt have men believe that the Rapture of the Church would happen before their death, I would also fall into this category. The world scene looks to be heading in this direction. We know that prophetic scriptures in Daniel, 1&2 Thessalonians, Revelation, and Ezekiel shed light on later times world events, as well as other books in scripture. My heart waits in anticipation and I feel the adrenaline flowing in my veins as I read or hear preached, passages concerning Christ return for the Church and His second Advent to this earth. As always my spirit longs for the day when this corrupt body will be glorified and when I might reign with Christ and be with Him for the beginning of forever.

This post is the beginning of, what I hope to be, a long and edifying discussion of our blessed hope and future. As always I invite anyone who will come to discuss these matters. From the onset, I prefer not to use this blog as a debating forum, that is why I filter comments. I am aware of the many different opinions that are involved in these topics, but please fill free to share what invigorates you as you study escatology(End Times Events).

In Complete Rest in my Savior

2 comments:

listener said...

Just a question to pose. What it is the purpose of the endtimes? The answer to this question will better depick for us wha twe need to be doing in preparation for the end times.

Justin bridebodychurch.synthasite.com said...

Well I believe that throughout all time God's purpose is to bring glory to Himself. Those of us that live during this dispensation, (Church Age; Pentacost to the rapture) will not go through the 7 years of tribulation. I believe that the times have been coming to a close since Christ ascension and we must wait for the Rapture of the Church. We must evangelize the lost and edify the saints. That is our purpose during the endtimes. Our preparation consists of those two things. I will restate that God's purpose for the endtimes is to glorify Himself, and which ultimately Christ will return to the earth for His millennial reign.