Monday, August 18, 2008

Personal ramblings on our capabilities

I am so thankful that I can understand God's word, with the teaching and leading of the Holy Spirit. I feel that to many of us depend solely on being taught by commentators and by our pastors, without realizing that we also can learn a great deal if we spend time in God's word. I use commentaries and listen to my pastor to lead me as they have been lead by the Holy Spirit, but I can not neglect my responsibility of communing with God. If you look at some of the older men that have written and published studies that they have done we must realize that they did not have more of the Holy Spirit than we do. We must do as Phil. 2:12 says and " ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
We are given everything for life and godliness as 2 Peter 1:3 says, therefore we need to be diligent.

No comments: